After 51 years of marriage, I was asked, 'What part of life would you want to live over again?' I did not hesitate to reply, "When my wife and I served together in the great missionary work of the Lord." The sentiments of another missionary couple echo those of my wife and myself: 'Our decision to go on a mission brought new vigor, new emotions, new friends, new places, new challenges. It brought us closer together as husband and wife; we had a common goal and a real partnership. And best of all, it brought new spiritual growth, instead of spiritual retirement.'
"Brothers and sisters, let us not go into spiritual retirement. As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it is our greatest privilege to return His love through sacrifice and service and claim His holy promise: 'And whoso layeth down his life in my cause, for my name's sake, shall find it again, even life eternal.'"
Elder Robert B. Hales, April 2005
Sister Lynda M. Nelson
Vladivostok Russia Mission
No comments:
Post a Comment